04 December 2006

Hit the knit!

I spent most of the weekend with my face leaking in various ways. I seem to have a cold that I simply can not shake.

I finished Rob's new scarf this weekend (or so I thought) using up one skein of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Charcoal. After completing it, I'm looking at it and have decided to add some length. As in, I've decided to almost double the length.

I've decided that I really like working with thicker yarns, and may try to order something nicer (or finally head to my local yarn shop) and try my hand at a blanket. (more flat things...) I plan on hitting the knitting pretty hard and figuring out how to make something that isn't flat. A hat perhaps! And other things that rhyme as well!

I only have 15 days left at my current job. 15 days! You have no idea how happy this makes me. The light at the end of the tunnel is shining brighter and brighter each day. I had a training session this past weekend, with another scheduled for this Sunday. Customized apparel will soon own my wardrobe. I even ordered a kick ass track jacket which will soon be customized with either a smx logo or a robot drawn by yours truly. I'll post pictures of it when it's done.

I'm really excited about this job. I feel like I'm picking up on the digitizing fairly well, and I'm looking forward to learning more.

No comments: