31 October 2006

itty bitty sugar sock

Octoberfest is done!

I'm a Lammle and Cari is a Basler. Yay!

Speaking of becoming a Lammle, I just requested our official marriage certificate today, so I can get moving on the name change process. Fun times!

Today is my brother's 4 year anniversary. It was 4 years ago today that I was laying on the floor of a hospital waiting room and my brother wouldn't be out of surgery for 2.5 more hours. He went into surgery around 12:30am and came out around 11.

Speaking of my brother, I'm currently struggling with what to do about him. He's having ALOT of trouble in school (he's in college) and I know a good portion of that is apathy and some depression. I really want to help him, but I know that if I assist too much, I'm going to feel responsible if it doesn't work.

My mom talks to me about him as well. He and she butt heads constantly and they both turn to me for venting. I want to help them both, but at the same time, don't want to get involved.

Regardless of what I do, it makes me feel bad to some degree. I get sad about the whole thing and wish I could help. I don't want to see potential fall by the wayside, but at what point do you say, "I can't help you, I need to concentrate on my own life?"

Either way, it makes my heart heavy.

The honeymoon in Chicago was a lot of fun. Just being together without worrying about work, school, or our home was nice enough for me.

I suppose I should get back to work. I've rambled enough.

No comments: