29 April 2008

Where am I? Why am I here?

Hi. Remember me? I sure as hell hardly remember you, ol' blog. What have you been doing while I have been away?

Nothing?

You're lazy.

I have been raising a wonderful little girl. She's sleeping 10 hours a night and growing like a weed. She smiles and laughs and grabs for toys and daddy's face. She doesn't fuss much and when she does, she's fairly easy to calm down.

I've been doing quite a bit of reading. I've been sucked (har-dee-har-har) into Laurell K. Hamilton's Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter books. I'm on book 6, and there are about 16 books. I'm averaging one book every 2 days. I'll be done in no time.

I'm starting to cook almost every night. We plan our meals for two weeks out and actually make them happen! I bake on Sundays, meaning that we have fresh whole wheat bread at our house currently. There will be more goodies and experimentations as the weeks fly by. I hope to post about some of them.

Along with the current cooking, I'm going to begin exploring some vegan recipes. No, we're not going all vegan in this household, and I have a freezer full of meat to prove it. (Sorry, Liz.) I am looking for new ways to incorporate veggies into our meals. Vegan cooking tends to be more creative, so I'm looking into it.

Spring is here, so I'm starting to plant, and as per usual, failing at it. I'm hoping to buy fruits and veggies while they are in season this year and do some canning and freezing. I want to make my own baby food for Harper and I'd like to use the most flavorful fruits and veggies if possible... even if that means freezing. The flavor is still better than the shipped in stuff. (And I'll be supporting local farmers!)

I'm generally looking into making my life and home greener and more efficient. I'm using earth-friendly cleaners, still using the cloth diapers (and loving them!) and trying to consume less. It's a small start, but I hope to grow with it.

You see, Blog, while you've just been sitting here, I've been playing housewife and doing a fairly good job at it. I have big plans for the remainder of the year and I hope to be able to come here to talk about them. Will you be here, Blog?

Of course you will, lazy ass.

No comments: